August 08, 2007

Legal Eagle in Kuwait

Quick update. As you all know I am in Kuwait over the summer. Since my last inane post I have started working for a law firm in Kuwait (a genius idea of mine, if I do say so myself, to do something useful with my summer), whose Managing Partner is the reason I decided to become a lawyer –the man is übercool personified. So far I have learnt more in four weeks than I did the entire year at law school. Or at least, to be fair, practice is an entirely different kind of education. I must confess, I think I am going to like being a practising lawyer despite the tediousness and repetitiveness that law school entailed (and will no doubt entail again next year). Alas, the monstrous workload hasn’t left me as much time for being a beach bum as I had hoped, but I manage to squeeze in the odd hour of sun worship/power swim in my lunch break. It seems wise to stock up on sunshine for the endless months of near darkness that will no doubt commence the moment I step off the plane in London town. Over and out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home