October 07, 2005

T'was The Penguins What Won It

Hello. Remember me? Yeeeessssss..... i own this blog. Yes, OWN. HAH! Started as a dissertation distraction project, but i seem to have become fond of it, its a good place to spill my more random...no - correction "inspirational" - thoughts. Also now that V. and Ms. D-Rack and Squiggly O (i've tried in vain to find the symbol!!!) are reading it too...i cannot disappoint my fans!!!!!!!!!!! Ah....thank you, thank you.

So where have I been? Having fun of course! Yeeeeeeeesss...FUN! Walking around London. Reading wonderful books that are not intellectual alcoholism in the style of "ooooh, im so smart i think ill use 5 big unnecessary, unpronouncable words here and call it a critique". Reading papers and magazines without the constant gut-wrenching feeling of guilt (Aaaah National Geographic. And YES! Vogue. There i said it.) Fabulous exhibitions (Londoners take note: the Tate Britain Degas, Toulouse-Lautrec, Sickert exhibition is fantastic). Just enjoying life really. I am no longer confined to the (albeit beautiful) mole-hole. I no longer have to sit staring blankly at a computer screen waiting for divine inspiration, and praying that two of my braincells collide strongly enough to produce something vaguely resembling an intellectual spark. Although what i still need to do is find a job. So the endless application process has begun in earnest. (Please don't let banking be the only option, please don't let banking be the only option......!)

Back to fun. So several thoughts on the subject.

1 - Penguins. Yes, my penguin worship has reached an ultimate high. And for very good reason. Please refer to http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/4318888.stm for the benefits of penguin poo to humanity. I jest not.

2 - Friends reunions. Yes!!!!!!!! The Passfield crew reigns supreme!!! I cannot wait for tomorrow - a day of falafelesque decadence, topped with one...maybe two...maybe three crepes? waffles? crepes? Mmmmmmmmm.

3 - Music. Soundtrack to the past couple of days:
The genius that is Antony & The Johnsons.
The divine Rufus Wainwright (worship! worship!).
Chavela Vargas, ex-lover of Frida Kahlo (watch out for the coolest line - "Yo soy como el chile verde, picante pero sabroso" - Im like a green chile, spicy yet delicious!)
U2. Aaaaaaaaaaah.

4 - Orchids. After months of being an ugly mass of roots and fat leaves, my orchid has begun growing again. And there was much rejoicing. I have named it Phoenix. My little orchid growing out of the ashes.

And now, I must now go and take my current hyperactivity out on something..... Adios!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home