October 03, 2006

Relaunch!

Forgive me readers, for i have sinned. It has been almost a year since my last confession. And despite my last blog post being a moan about being old, and being 23, this has turned out to be a pretty damn good year. So...instead of providing you with an excruciatingly detailed account of my life amounting to a certain cure for insomnia, here are the highlights...(think Oscars, except no designer gowns....or actors....or red carpet. Ok, scrap that analogy...)
From November to January i had a pretty steady routine of applications, applications, applications.....for a job that is. After countless rejections which made me feel the size of an ectoplasmic amoeba stuck on the toe of a fish in a muddy puddle, i had an interview with A Consulting Firm which basically told me they wouldn't hire me because i was too high risk. What does that mean? Well apparently, in their opinion and experience, i would get bored within 3 months and quit. Now, i see that as a compliment. Damn you Consulting Firm! You couldn't deal with my individualism! (Bitter? Moi?)
January i did a brief stint at Huge City Law Firm (thanks S!). Interviewed with them, but ended up arguing with one of the partners about morality of taking money from Russian oligarchs who might have got the money from dubious sources. "Suprisingly", i didn't get the job. For those of you interviewing with big city law firms, please note, they do not care where the money comes from. Gottit?
Then started working for Big Newspaper in advertising. Lots of fun, and loved it!
In March, interviewed with another Big City Law Firm - and amazingly, got a job! Yes, i have sold my soul to the corporate Mephistopheles - but at least it is for a good price. Right? Right??? They are sponsoring me through 2 years of law school. And that dear readers is precisely what i am doing now. After a summer of travelling (Macedonia, Kuwait, Germany & Austria) I have just started my law conversion course, aka 3 years of law squished into one. And so far, i am absolutely loving it. Yes, yes, there IS an ulterior motive here for relaunching the blog. I need to procrastrinate now that i actually have work to do! I need a creative outlet for my chaotic brain!
Anyway, without further ado....relaunch complete!

2 Comments:

Blogger The Bedouin Project said...

Thank the powers that be for this most fortuitous of events. For many moons have have lamented the untimely demise of balkanbabble, but here, like a phoenix, it rises from the ashes. Like Lazarus, back from the dead, it breathes life's sweet dewy breeze once once again. Let as rejoice, all ye faithful, and be glad in the return of Balkanbabble.

3:53 pm  
Blogger Balcancan said...

Oh i can feel the love!!!
Though this sounds suspiciously like Ghaddafi-esque verbosity to me...Have you been reading the Green Book again???

5:59 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home