August 21, 2005

Shoes, Lipgloss and War

I love Sundays. Today was a lovely indulging day of sunshine, shoe shopping (not for ME!!! and yes, you know who you are pretty-shoed one :-P), being attacked by mutant lipgloss in Selfridges, and convincing randomn sales assistants that Drew Barrymore was in ET. Don't ask. I blame the lipgloss. And the perfume people who insist on spritzing some new perfume in your eyes as you walk past, a perfume people passtime which should be called "skunking".

On my way home I saw a person wearing a T-shirt which read:

"War is just terrorism with a bigger budget"

Excellent, non?
What was NOT so excellent was my idea that i should compliment this randomn person (an American tourist incidentally) on their choice of T-shirt. So imagine, there you are, happily clicking away at Nelson's column in Trafalgar Square, admiring the pigeons (damned vermin to anyone who lives in London), exclaiming "Oooooh my GOD! Lets go to Leeeeeeicesterrrr!" and a randomn person (me, wierd-lookin' even on a normal day, complete with a mixture of british, american and eastern european accent) runs up to you and goes excitedly - " I LOVE your T-shirt! Bye!", and then runs off. Yes, i ran off and caught the first bus i could find, because by the time my brain caught up with what i was doing I was really embarrassed.
I need to learn to control my wierdo impulses.

Meanwhile, the countdown begins to next Sunday.

3 Comments:

Blogger mybestpants said...

You know I don't believe you went shoe shopping and didn't sneak in a shoe (or two) for yourself. This diss is messing with your logicak impulses. No good at all!

Counting down to Sunday with you, Ireens. And then to next month and lots of lazy Sundays. Mmmm!

12:22 pm  
Blogger The Bedouin Project said...

HAH! Too funny you are.

I'm sure the self-hating yank was flattered.

But what's wrong with tourists inquiring about the location of Lie-chest-er?

4:24 pm  
Blogger Balcancan said...

Im so proud of my self-restraint! I was soooo tempted to buy half a shoe. I might buy a WHOLE shoe to celebrate the end of the diss. :)

Leeeeeeeeiiiichesterrrrrrrr ROCKS!

11:01 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home