August 05, 2005

I'm Sorry, I Haven't a Clue

Well here it is. Blogmania has struck. I too am joining on the bandwagon of blogging having finally realised that the reason i haven't done this sooner is the fear of the blank page. Yes, as simple as that. Mental process went something along the lines of:
"What should I write in my first blog post, ever? It must be grande, glorious, eloquent, philosophical yet funny, clever but not pretentious, advance the political debate while revealing human nature at its core, it must be written with panache, be suave, bold, daring.. blah blah.... But how do i write like the literary geniuses? What is human nature? Are we good? Who am I? What is the meaning of life?"
Obviously, the train of thought deteriorated swiftly into a momentary existential crisis, which was thankfully swiftly resolved by a tub of Hagen Dasz. The blank page, however, remained.
So here I am, several weeks (and ice cream tubs) later having realised that i will never be as witty as Oscar Wilde, as descriptive as Balzac, as tragi-comic as Beckett. By not aspiring to be something I am not I understood that the greatest understanding was knowing how much we don't understand. I had, if you will, an epiphany.

This blog will therefore be simply a record of my randomn thoughts. So to questions along the nature of - what is the meaning of life? my current thoughts remain provisionally inconclusive. In the words of Humphrey Lyttelton & co. I'm sorry, I haven't a clue.

:: cuts red ribbon::

Blog officially launched! Now where is that champagne?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home