August 09, 2005

Cat-nip

I have another pet. Well sort of. It's not technically mine, you see. I've just appropriated someone else's pet. Well, Im planning to. This morning i walked out into the garden with my mug of coffee to breathe in the fresh smell of summer. The fresh smell of summer was slightly different this morning. It smelt of flying, meeowling black cat complete with red collar avec bell, zooming off the top of the garden shed, its little bell chiming away like the bells of Notre Dame, and narrowly avoiding my face. (There was also a bit of freshness delivered as a present by Pablo the Fox, my other pet...in the middle of the lawn.)
So anyway, back to Black Cat. Several conclusions. Either it flew off in suprise that a human should intrude in its territory, thank you very much. Or, it was lying in wait, having monitored my daily morning excursions into the garden, and it decided to maim the evil human intruding in its territory, thank you very much.
Happily, Black Cat forgave me by making friends with my ankle. Enter stage left, my cunning plan. I'm leaving little treats on the lawn for Black Cat. So far, i think Pablo is getting in there first, but i shall perservere. The plot thickens.

2 Comments:

Blogger The Bedouin Project said...

I'm leaving a comment because your post looked so sad and lonely without any comments. :(

a latter-day Dr. Doolittle you are.

2:23 pm  
Blogger Balcancan said...

Meow meeeeeeow meeeeow meow.

Translation: I want a cigar.

11:31 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home