August 24, 2005

Ramblings of a Crazed Bible-thumper

Can I say that? Bible-thumper? Is that politically incorrect? Oh who cares. I'll take my chances on burning in hell.

So most of you have already heard of Pat Robertson (aka Mr. Most Influential Evangelist in the US, head of the Christian Coalition, bible-thumper extraordinaire) calling for the assassination of Hugo Chavez because he wanted to turn Venezuela into:
"the launching pad for communist infiltration and Muslim extremism" and that the US has "the ability to take him out, and I think the time has come that we exercise that ability."
"We don't need another $200 billion war to get rid of one, you know, strongarm dictator. It's a whole lot easier to have some of the covert operatives do the job and then get it over with."

Has someone told this guy the Cold War is over? He sounds like something out of the CIA reports on Operation Mongoose for Cuba in 1962! COMMUNISM? Infiltration? Ummm, hello assassination of a Head of State? And what is the US doing about it? Twiddling its thumbs, and very very quietly saying 'inappropriate'. What would the US do if the equivalent, oh I don't know lets say a Muslim religious leader called for the assassination of Bush? Bomb the hell out of them.

These are indeed insane ramblings. I did some research on this Mr. Hallelujah, whom I can only eloquently describe as a psychotic nut-monkey (apologies to monkeydom) and here are some of his finest moments. These are actual quotes, I jest not:

Feminism
"It encourages women to leave their husbands, kill their children, practice witchcraft, destroy capitalism and become lesbians."

Oh sorry, is he done burbling? I was just making a potion to kill my husband, in my cauldron, using the heart of the child i adopted with my lesbian lover, while reciting Das Kapital.

9/11
"If they look over the course of 100 years, I think the gradual erosion of the consensus that's held our country together is probably more serious than a few bearded terrorists who fly into buildings."

No comment.

Islam
"It's clear from the teachings of the Koran and also from the history of Islam that it's anything but peaceful."

Clearly this man has never heard of the Crusades or the Inquisition either.

I didn't realise that there were people in the world who genuinely hold these views. Bible-thumping mad.

5 Comments:

Blogger The Bedouin Project said...

AMEN!...no pun intended...that's a lie, I totally intended that.

Yes, I was driving to work when I heard the news story with actual audio clips of him uttering his deranged utterances. I nearly veered off the road due to my combined fury and laughter.

Still, he and his pal Jerry Falwell inject enough insanity into the American right's political discourse to keep it entertaining, as opposed to simply infuriating. He's like the Wacky Qaddafi of the US...although even Moammar has been remarkably sane as of late...pity...

1:14 pm  
Blogger Balcancan said...

Aye, you are right (and good pun too!) The key is not to take it seriously and ridicule it as Mel Brooks would say!
Pat Robertson is like an American version of the former Iraqi Information Minister!

9:56 pm  
Blogger Balcancan said...

Absolutely. Except, I do hope they get a lesbian feminist as a prison guard. "If you're good to mama, maaaamaaa's gooooooooood to you!".
Just don't drop the soap boys...

11:20 pm  
Blogger The Bedouin Project said...

That is just wrong

But funny, so I'll allow it

7:11 pm  
Blogger Balcancan said...

Why thankee oh just one!

4:35 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home